Microsoft Excel is being used worldwide to manage data and record it in different forms to easily retrieve later. Microsoft Office has helped many people who are looking for a safe, quick and reliable management of their data. Microsoft Excel contains various tools, when used in combination can help manage and reproduce data in the most productive manner. Many Excel users create a new Excel workbook and then save it to a network drive as a Macro enabled workbook. This sounds very difficult, but if the procedure is properly followed you can be successful and ensure correct management of data. Professional Excel consultants and Excel programmers can help you with different types of issues and you can enjoy using Excel for professional purposes. You can easily recreate the existing macros and then copy them to any special workbook, which is known as Personal.xlsb and is present on your system. The different options available in Microsoft Excel can vary according to the version; it is always suggested upgrading your Microsoft Office to the latest available version.
It is known that a macro works for the workbook, which contains it and it will not work for any other workbook. It can be easy as long you do not need the macro on different workbooks. Macros which you have installed in your personal system, which are meant for a workbook, are available for any workbook which you create on Microsoft Excel of the same system. As told earlier there is a special file called as Personal.xlsb. This file is basically hidden workbook which starts functioning once you open the Microsoft Excel. It is also known as a personal workbook. This workbook is saved in the folder named as Users located in the C drive mainly, of the systems which are operated by Windows Vista or Windows 7.
If you want to create a personal workbook, you need to develop a macro for it and then store it in Personal Macro Workbook. It is important to check that the tab named Developer is present in the Microsoft Excel. Different versions of Microsoft Excel will have alternate ways to enable the Developer option. Now we will go step by step and explain the process of creating a Macro with the help of a Macro Recorder. With the help of this macro the text present in any current cell will become Bold.
• Pick the cell A1 and enter any type of text.
• Now visit the Code group and click the Developer tab and then click on the Record Macro option.
• Now a dialog box will open and you can enter a specific name for macro. You can add the name in a special box called Macro box. To make it bold you can type BoldMe, without giving any spaces in-between.
• Once you are done with this you can click on Personal Macro Workbook, which you can find in the box of Store macro. Once done press the OK button. Now hit Ctrl and B together in order to apply bold format. Macro will only record this step.
• Once again visit Developer tab which is located in Code group and click on Stop Recording.
• If you have any applications running within Excel close them all and exit Excel.
• Now you will get a message, where you can press Yes and save the changes which you have made.
When you intend to start Excel the next time, the personal workbook is loaded automatically but you cannot view it. To view the file named as Personal.xlsb you can click Unhide in Window group, with the help of the view tab. Now you will be able to see a file named Personal.xlsb located in the Unhide dialog box. Now you can click Ok and view different macros which have been saved. This feature helps the users of Excel to maintain macros and avoid unwanted changes or deleting of any macros. You can hide the personal workbook with the same procedure. An expert Excel consultant can help you with this matter if you think you are stuck and cannot manage a new workbook which has macros enabled.
Excel programmers for Business.